Auction Fever Part II!

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Auction Fever Part II!
  • From: Mark Thornsburg <thrnsbrg@flash.net>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 17:10:48 -0600 (MDT)

Hi everyone,

Today was the Dallas Iris Society Iris Auction.  I went as Diana
Winship's guest and also as Bonnie Nichols's guest.  Even though I
didn't join this time, I had a great time.  I bought 4 irises: Kitchen
Sink Too, Magic Palette, Surreal, and Grand Style.  The latter two are
Byers by Dickey irises.  I only went one dollar over my limit of -----!
(That's exactly what Diana said about the Fort Worth auction!)  I had a
lot of fun, made some new friends, found out who I'd have to "win over"
in the following months, and had a great meal.  The only problem is that
I don't have a description of Kitchen Sink Too, except for the fact that
it was hybridized by Tom Burseen.  Could someone please help?

Thanks in advance,
Rusty