Re: OT: Moving to Florida

Mark,

We will be awaiting your return.  Have a safe trip and move.  A real
adventure
lies ahead of you with iris.  Believe me there are many growing bearded iris
in Florida, scattered throughout the state.

Most of the people I have heard of are growing their bearded iris in raised
beds.
By all means take along all your favorite rebloomers if you can.  Many seem
to do well, especially those of Lloyd Zurbrigg.

You will now be in AIS Region V and we have a newly established affiliate
in the Jacksonville area.  Their next meeting will be a party the first
Sunday
of December.  They have chosen the name of FLAGA since members are
from Florida and Georgia.  Their members are growing all types of iris but
of course Louisianas are favored.

Wishing you the very best in your new home and iris garden.

Claire 235@aol.com