REB: Florida

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: REB: Florida
  • From: "Michael Cook" <macook@iglou.com>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 20:11:33 -0600 (MDT)

Donald,
     I have Dr. Zurbrigg's IMMORTALITY as well as some of Byers'
introductions.  These will get a chance to grow in Florida.  I also have
Hager's FEEDBACK, and a couple of Earl Hall Rebloomers that may be worth
trying too.  A few "once bloomers" that may well be worth trying are Ed
Robertsl' BORN A KING and Joe Ghio's LADY FRIEND.
     These are in addition to some Siberians, Louisianas, Water Irises,
Iris tridentata, Japanese, and probably a start of the Spuria ILA CRAWFORD.

     I have a lot of Daylilies that I will take with me, since I know they
(the Evergreens and Semi-Evergreens) grow well in Florida.  I have to be a
little picky about what I take since there is a limit as to how many plants
I can stuff into a 1988 Pontiac Bonneville without obstructing my view of
the road.  The movers will haul my 1989 Dodge Dakota Sport down to Florida.
     Much of the landscaping goes with the property according to the
contract, but I am free to remove starts of plants.
     Now tomorrow when I take a few Irises to Annette Milch...
     Once I get settled in Florida, I will let you know since I wish to get
that Region Five Newsletter.

Mark A. Cook
macook@iglou.com
Lexington, KY