Re: CAT: sources in SC and Georgia

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: CAT: sources in SC and Georgia
  • From: Donald Mosser <dmosser@ibm.net>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 09:34:10 -0600 (MDT)

At 07:04 AM 9/22/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Donald Mosser wrote:
>> As far as tall bearded rebloomers for Florida, I think that the best advice
>> would be to recommend that you take a look at what grows well for
>> commercial growers in Georgia and South Carolina.
>I may be having a morning absent minded moment, but didn't know there
>were commercial tall bearded iris growers in Ga and SC - do you have
>names, addresses, phone nos to add to Tom Little's list?  Thanks.
>Linda Mann east Tennessee USA

I have catalogs for the following iris growers and I'm sure that there are
a few more that sell irises locally, but may not sell through mail order:

Pecan Grove Gardens
Steve and Jane Smart
Gaffney, SC 29341-3416
SDB, IB, BB, MTB, TB, Species, Louisiana, Spuria, Japanese, and Daylilies

Quail Hill Gardens
Everette and Ann Lineberger
2460 Compton Bridge Road
Inman, SC 29349-8489
Tall bearded introductions of Harry Turner of Snellville, GA
Siberian introductions of Ruth Wilder of Anderson, SC
Also SDB, IB, BB, MTB, TB, Siberian, Spuria, Species, Lousiana, Japanese,
Peonies,and Daylilies.

However, both catalogs/price lists say no iris orders after September 1st.
The iris selling season is winding down, even here in the southern U.S.
You may want to keep both of these in mind for next year.

I have one more iris auction to attend this season, then it's time to start
planning on what seeds I'm going to order this year from SIGNA!

Donald Mosser

North Augusta, South Carolina, USA
USDA Zone 7b-8