ID Hist

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: ID Hist
  • From: Merrily A Smith <mesm@loc.gov>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 10:12:52 -0600 (MDT)

Good morning!  In working with my mother on old iris lists and catalogs, I found that I had mis-identified a
beautiful white iris that grows beautifully in my garden.  I've been calling it PATRICIAN, but it isn't because it
doesn't have gold shoulders on the falls.  So, based on the old notes, it could be one of three others:  NEW
SNOW, CRYSTAL BEAUTY, or WHITE GODDESS.  Can anyone help me distinguish among these so I can put the
right name to the flower?  Based on short catalog descriptions, I'm leaning toward NEW SNOW.  Thanks for
your help.

Merrily Smith