My little species iris

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: My little species iris
  • From: "Bob Dickow" <dickow@uidaho.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 11:10:55 -0600 (MDT)

I have one new plant of a small species iris whose label I've
misplaced. I think it is Iris chrysophylla (chrystophora...something
like that). Northwest native, I recall, small rhizomatous plant to about
8-10inches, leaves narrow, grasslike. Flowers white with intricate blue
purple veination.

If anyone has any info on such a plant, I'd love to hear about it. It
wasn't
in any of my reference books. I don't even know the culture, but it is
doing
fine under normal garden conditions in sun with even watering.

*Robert Dickow, Assoc Prof. of Horn/Theory/Comp *
*Lionel Hampton School of Music Moscow ID 83843*
*                        dickow@uidaho.edu                        *
*            URL: http://www.uidaho.edu/~dickow/     *