Re: REB: Rebloom in Northeast Ohio?

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: REB: Rebloom in Northeast Ohio?
  • From: Ellen Gallagher <e_galla@moose.ncia.net>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 22:10:47 -0600 (MDT)

	Bob Pindell wrote:

>Rebloom sounds facinating.  I would think that
>iris flowers in September would slow the traffic
>by my house and give me a chance to tell tall
>tales to my neighbors :-) about how I did it.  It
>also sounds like a sometimes thing for those of
>us that live where the snow flies early and lies
>deep.

>Unless someone tells me I am wasting my money I
>am planning on buying some rebloomers next year.

	I have three in bud now in Zone 3 - two cvrs. of IMMORTALITY which
	did 'not' bloom in June, BTW and the historic IB, CRIMSON KING which
	looks like a really tall bloomstalk.

	They were covered the past two nights when they temps. went down
	to 30 degrees F. and stayed there awhile. We lost some tomatoes and
	cucumbers and strangly, some of the MTBs look ragged, particularly

	'Reminiscence' and 'Bumblebee Delight'...but they are far from dead.

	We still have flowers blooming while vegs. are hitting the dust.

	I have decided to not cover tonight since it is an almost balmy
	49 degrees F. at 11:30 PM. Those 5 gal. buckets sitting in the
	garden sporting a brick as a cap leave much to be desired. :)

	Cheers,

	Ellen

Ellen Gallagher  / e_galla@moose.ncia.net
Northern New Hampshire, USA   /    Zone 3
Siberian e-mail robin  /  sibrob@ncia.net