TB: rebloom

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: TB: rebloom
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 06:49:02 -0600 (MDT)

I am enjoying a slightly bug-eaten but very beautiful stalk of QUEEN
DOROTHY next to my pc this morning.  A couple of stalks of IMMORTALITY
still working on blooming and another better stalk of QD.  The secret to
getting bloom from these guys and getting rid of rot on IMMORTALITY in
my 'black thumb' garden seems to have been the combination of 6-12-12
many times/year plus alfalfa pellets.  I can hardly wait to see if any
of my new collection of rebloomers will do well here.  Some look really
great so far, so I am hopeful for next fall and maybe some summer blooms
even if spring bloom gets frozen out and plants badly damaged by
winter/spring freeze thaw cycles.

Thought I'd post this to those considering rebloomers - if I can get
these to bloom reliably, surely anybody can.

Linda Mann (Eyore) east Tennessee USA, frost pocket gardener