Re: IRIS-L digest 774 OT - Iris Crafts

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: IRIS-L digest 774 OT - Iris Crafts
  • From: thymetoo@direct.ca
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 10:33:05 -0600 (MDT)

I never thought to mention it before, but Irises have been part of our
decor for years. I bought a rubber shape of an Iris and leaf, and
stamped a dresser, and a plain white bed ruffle. They look great! I also
did a cedar chest that I had painted pink and use for storing extra bags
and products when at Trade Shows. Did the doors and aprons in our Tea
Shoppe too. They always get a nice response from people, and are sooo
easy to do.

Have fun! I love reading about other ways that people use Irises in
crafts. This rubber shape would be really easy to make a quilt template
from, and since quilts are something that we will be making here when
winter sets in (we aren't used to be confined indoors by a winter, so
are compiling projects for this one) I think I'll make a quilt for our

Another Thyme,
in Zone 5, and drooling over the reports of Irises blooming in the
Southern Hemisphere!