losing rhizomes

  This is my first time writing to this group.  I am a beginner iris
grower.  I planted irises in 2 locations in my yard.  One location was in
a slightly raised bed with full sun.  The other location was on the north
side of my house and I am losing some of those rhizomes to rot in the
fans but not in the rhizome itself.  I had read where some iris growers
had successfully grown irises in partial sun.  I was wondering if the
north side of the house is way too shady for the rhizomes.  I noticed
that the soil stays slightly moist.  I know irises don't like standing
water but does moist soil and standing water around the rhizome have the
same effect? I was thinking that as long as the water wasn't puddled
around the rhizome that it was ok.  I'm quessing that the soil is too wet
but it so late in the season to move them and I really don't have
anywhere else to put them right now. I'm sure that some will survive- I
see a couple of them that look just as healthy as the irises I planted in
full sun.  I was wanting to know if there is anything that I can do this
late in the season to help the irises short of moving them?  I have a
feeling that I can't do much and I will have to learn from this mistake.

Rosalind Newman
zone 5