Re: CULT: Hello Darkness (was Re: Shift in Iris popularity Ratings)

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: CULT: Hello Darkness (was Re: Shift in Iris popularity Ratings)
  • From: Rick Tasco/Roger Duncan <randrcv@sierratel.com>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 21:34:13 -0600 (MDT)

Linda Mann wrote:
 I fear
> it may be a fussy bloomer with late freezes even though it doesn't bloom
> particularly early - nobody brought in a stalk this year.  If it does
> turn out to be an unreliable bloomer in some parts of the country, it
> will probably drop back down some in this year's poll.

If HELLO DARKNESS dosen't perform for you may want to try another
Schriener iris which was my top pick of the blacks this year.  BLACK TIE
AFFAIR.  To me this iris was superior to Hello Darkness.  Tall stalks,
plenty of buds and even some ruffles.  I used it extensively while
hybridizing.  Don't know how it will perform for you, but you won't know
unless you try.

Rick Tasco
Superstition Iris Gardens
Central California...Keeping our fingers crossed for yet another
hurricane threat...Hurricane Nora.
Zone 8