LA: cultivation in Tidewater Virginia

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: LA: cultivation in Tidewater Virginia
  • From: storey@aristotle.net (J. Michael, Celia or Ben Storey)
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 14:28:33 -0600 (MDT)

Hello, Virginia listers.
Last month I left a few teeny starts of LAs in a likely looking boggy spot
at my sister-in-law's place in Williamsburg. She knows zip about irises
(even less than I do!!), so I promised I would find out the proper times to
fertilize in Virginia.
I mean to send her some Miracid 30-10-10 powder through the mail. Is there
still time for a fall dose?
About when in spring should she fertilize again?
Will the foliage stay evergreen?
The starts are mulched in pine needles four-six inches deep and are growing
like Topsy. Should she pile on more mulch for winter?

Thank you!

celia
storey@aristotle.net
Little Rock