Re: losing rhizomes

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: losing rhizomes
  • From: Tony Newman <tonyn@midwest.net>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 18:32:24 -0600 (MDT)

Thanks to all who wrote me about my problem.  After I read all your
messages, I went out this evening and MOVED all my rhizomes from the
north side of the house into a small raised flower bed that gets full
sun.  I feel that the effort was well worth it.  The small bed is a
little crowded (I could only leave about 5-6" between each rhizome), but
its a heck of alot better than having my rhizomes die off.  I will tackle
the problem of overcrowding next year.  Thanks again for all your advice;
this is a good group of people to communicate with.