TB-Request from Loleta Powell--Please help!!

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: TB-Request from Loleta Powell--Please help!!
  • From: Henryanner@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 21:07:48 -0600 (MDT)

Greetings,

This is being posted to the IRIS-L, and cc'd to several other parties.

I had a lovely phone call this evening from the North Carolina hybridizer
Loleta Kenan Powell. Those of you who have been with the list for a while
will recall our discussion of Mrs. Powell's introductions earlier this year.
Mrs.Powell was referred to me by Mike Lowe's wife, Anne, RVP for  AIS Region
4. I hope we can help her out.

Simply stated, Mrs. Powell needs to locate rhizomes of some of her own
introductions which were mistakenly sold out this year. She is seeking
STRAWBERRY SENSATION, and the Randolph seedling she introduced in 1992,
ORANGE RINGS. She would really like them this year, but next year will do.

I have catalogs that list these, but one of them is three years old
(Niswonger, who was listing O.S.), one nursery is moving (Friendship Gardens)
and one is not dependable. Would you please be so kind as to check your stash
of catalogs---or your own garden--- and see if we can assemble a list of
possible sources of these for this fine hybridizer? She, and I, would be very
grateful.

Please respond to me privately at the address below. I have told Mrs. Powell
I will drop her a snail-mail note in a few days and tell her what we found
out.

Oh, Mrs.Powell says her gardens are looking good this year in spite of the
drought. She says she used 5 percent Treflan granules for weeds and it worked
wonders.

Thank you .

Anner Whitehead, Richmond, VA
henryanner@aol.com