SIB: Dwarfs--Little White

Donald wrote;

<< I have become interested in collecting some of the Siberian iris "dwarfs"
 and would appreciate any sources which anyone could recommend for other
 hybridizer's, such as Tamberg and McEwen, "dwarf" introductions . >>

I grow one I understand is one of McEwen's dwarfs, LITTLE WHITE, and feel
obliged to say it is a mediocre plant for me. It is true that the foliage is
short, about 8", but it is the same width as a regular Sib, and the bloom is
also the same size as a regular Sib, when it blooms, which is infrequently. I
am not enthusiastic about it.

I do have a young plant of a species dwarf Sib which is showing signs of
being a charmer. Hope its little blooms are in proportion to its foliage!!!

Anner Whitehead, Richmond, VA
Henry Hall  henryanner@aol.com