chat: A Pearl of Great Price

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: chat: A Pearl of Great Price
  • From: amsoper@juno.com
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 1997 20:29:18 -0600 (MDT)

The other day my daughter (40+) had to go to the hospital for an
operation. The hospital is 30 miles away so we dropped her off on evening
and returned the next morning when she was due out of the operating room.
The operation took longer than expected so the wife and I were sitting in
the lobby waiting for word on when she would be returned to her room,
when a hospital employee (tech or maintenance type) came to the lobby and
looked expectedly into the window of the  gift shop. The conversation
between him and  friend when something like this:
He,"Look there's a new one"
She,"Are you sure "
He,"Yes, and look at that one"
She,"I thought Sonya said if you brought another one home she would
He,"She no longer lives with me."
She,"Are you sure you want to buy another one?"
He,"Oh! Yes as soon as the shop opens. There is a sale on them. She is
already fifteen minuets late and has not been open for two day. But I'd
better get back to work though"

Ten minuets later the Gift shop operator came in and was chatting with on
of the nurses when the man returned. The operator of the Gift shop left
her keys in the car so he followed her to the car to make sure he was the
first in the shop.

To make a long story short (Too late I know) he purchased 30 Beanie
Babies (been bag doll)at a cost of over 6.00 per.

I suppose it is better than being a drunk and only sightly worse than
buying more iris than you have room for.

Some where in there should be a moral about a pearl of great price but I
must admit I don't tell my wife all the money I spend on the garden. I
tell myself it makes her happy not to know.