Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 09:55:04 -0600 (MDT)
From: Steven & Sharlyn Rocha <srocha@pacbell.net>

Subject: Dolomite Lime,PLEASE HELP!

Hello Iris Lovers,
	I have some important questions about Dolomite Lime.  I have gotten my
daughter's sixth grade class interested in planting a bed of iris on the
school grounds.  I am donating a different color iris for each member of
the class.  They are planting them tomorrow as a class project.  I
the soil with compost and super phosphate and  15-15-15. My problem is
the soil still doesn't look right to me.  I have never seen a soil so
claylike.  I used to make pottery, and this soil feels like potter's
It also had some red dirt at one layer.  Even though I put in plenty of
compost, it looks clumpy.  Steve said he had heard that adding Dolomite
Lime to the soil will help breakdown clay.  Does this work and how much
should I add?  They are planting tomorrow so I would appreciate any
I can get today.