HYB:Converting Tets to Dips

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: HYB:Converting Tets to Dips
  • From: Greer Holland <irisdude@flash.net>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 12:44:31 -0600 (MDT)

Hello all,

I was just thinking.....I've learned of two methods for converting Dips
to Tets on this list so far.  Is there a known method of going the other
way?  That is, converting a Tet to a Dip?

Why would anyone want to do this?  Well, in the bearded class, the MTB's
are almost exclusively diploids.  A converted Tet might bring new
possibilities into MTB breeding.

Just a thought....all comments welcome.

Greer Holland
irisdude@flash.net
Sooner State Iris Society, AIS Region 22
Oklahoma City, OK, Zone 7, Fair weather and a high in the 80's forecast
for today.  (It's raining right now.)