Could someone please give me their opinion or review on the following

The Genus Iris / Dykes William R / Paperback

This is the "original" book on irises and has absolutely beautiful
plates.  I have not seen it in paperback but the reprint is hardback is

The Iris / Brian Mathew / Hardcover (what are the big differences
the first and second editions of this book?)

I find that this book is my bible for anything to do with species
although it must now be read in parallel with the new BIS book.  The
latter has quite a few minor errors but I have not found any significant
ones yet.  Brian Mathew will be speaking on bulbs in Toronto in later
January at the NARGS meeting.  As far as I have found, there are few
differences between the two editions but it is always best to get the
latest because the minor difference will inevitably be in the section
that you really need to  use.

With reference to Fritz Kohlein's book 'Iris', I would suggest that you
watch out for errors.  It has quite a number which were in the original
or added during translation.

Ian in Ottawa where the weather remains perfect and we are three or four
week behind our usual date for a first frost!  We almost had one this
week but it did not damage the morning glory, which is the best
indicator that a frost has passed in the night.