Re: HYB:Converting Tets to Dips

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: HYB:Converting Tets to Dips
  • From: Rick Tasco/Roger Duncan <randrcv@sierratel.com>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 21:45:14 -0600 (MDT)

Greer Holland wrote:
 Well, in the bearded class, the MTB's
> are almost exclusively diploids.  A converted Tet might bring new
> possibilities into MTB breeding.
> Just a thought....all comments welcome.

This is not true!  There are many Tet MTB's on the market today.  Ben
Hagar has been hybridizing them for at least 25 years and so is Jim
Craig of Oregon.

Get a hold of Adamgrove's catalog and check out SNOB APPEAL.  Touted by
them as perhaps the perfect pink MTB.  They are also introducing DEVOTEE
and DOLL DREAM all tet mtb's and all Hagar's.

I grow Jim Craig's PAYOFF which has white standards and purple falls.
Crosses readily with Talls (I know because I have seeds) and I'm sure it
will cross with other tet beardeds.  Think of the possibilities.

Rick Tasco
Superstition Iris Gardens
Central California
Zone 8