Re: Lace Handkerchief iris

Barbara I have this same iris on my farm. It is called Iris japonica
variegata. It is not hardy north of zone 7b. Makes a good pot plant.
Plant is spread by runners. It prefers moist humus soil, with full sun
to patrial shade. The foliage is green/white. Blooms in February through
April. Blooms are flat in form. Color is pale blue or white frilled
lace. Hence the name silver laced handkerchief. It is a beauty here.
Spreads like a weed. I mulch it here in zone 6 with no problem.

David L. Schaffer
Mr. Green Wet Thumb