OT: Weeding mistakes

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

Kathy Guest wrote:
>And, anyone who has:
>1.  Nurtured a weed believing it was a real plant
>2.  Pulled a real plant, believing it was a weed
>raise your hand  (my hand's up, BTW).

1. Had a stray Queen Annes lace plant (thought I) growing in a place
I've never grown it before. Heard a radio program the other day, about
Hemlock growing in this area, and how it looks just like carrot. I
pulled that one out like a flash!

2. My poor lovely freesias!

And another category if I may?
3. Nurtured a weed, knowing full well it was a weed.
Often, just out of curiosity, especially with anything I haven't seen
before, just to see what it ends up like (a bit like having just a quick
'peek' in Pandora's box).
New weeds often grow from the chook feed. One notable one was millet,
which provided the pet budgie with fresh green seed heads for a whole
summer.
Jan, in Australia