Re: Happy Spring time to Southern Hemisphere

From: Dianne Dalla Santa <dalla@apollo.ruralnet.net.au>

 >From: "MISS SG GUYE" <zosg@warthog.ru.ac.za>

Hi Sally
 Today is officially the first day of Spring and here in Victoria,
Australia we had a superb day. Thank you for your happy spring wishes.

 The iris are growing madly, some TB's already in bloom. Tectorum coming
into bud and I.japonica and dutch iris in full flower. Still a few
unguicularis flowering also. We are looking forward to an excellent bloom
having had the necessary winter frosts.  TB bloom will peak here around the
15th of October for a couple of weeks while the extended season lasts up to
6 weeks for TB's.

Our grapevines are just beginning to show a hint of green in the earliest
stages of budburst.

The gazanias, dimorphotheca and the arctotis daisies are sensational. I
spend a lot of time just gazania gazing... hundreds of them. The colours
and patterns amaze me and all from 12 small seedlings planted over 10 years
ago. Our climate suits many SA plants and I continually add more.

 A  totally lovely time of the year.

Dianne, Voctoria, Oz