Re: Green Iris

From: JForte21@aol.com

Hi Rusty,
I have a few irises that are green.  PRIDE OF IRELAND is kind of greenish
yellow.  I have some unknown that has chartreuse standards and a reddish blush
on chartreuse falls:  it's a bit greener, some years more than others.  And I
have CHIMERA which is the greenest I grow.  It's just about the color of lime
sherbet with a purple blush in the center of the falls.  (And it's from Lloyd
Z. in '61.)  It rebloomed for me this summer.  Bruce Filardi (from iris-l) is
into green irises too.  I bet he has a good list, but I can't remember if he
has switched to iris-talk or not.
Of course there's always hermodactylus, but I guess it has been downgraded
from true iris to "some irid."  It really and truly is green with purple-black
falls.  I love it.
Mary Forte
Atascadero, CA, Zone 9 where it's been up over a hundred again for the past
few days