Re: The Joys of Weeding

From: Gardenhous@aol.com

In a message dated 9/1/98 7:29:32 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Irisborer@AOL.COM

<< I wear Rubbermaid rubber gloves which
 give me good traction on slimy weeds and I can happily spend an afternoon
 yanking and seeing what's going on.  I'll often find little plants, artifacts

I too wear rubber gloves.  Demi Moore made them fashionable again in that
movie with R Redford and W Harleson. And I can get them in aqua or yellow,
fashion colors.  LOL.

If I had more room I would have planted  to insure my little rotiller could
get between the rows but I can use  Scotts little 6 inch hand tiller pretty
well. And then i do use preen.

My garden is at an intersectoion well  traveled and the people will yellout
"lookin good" etc. ( at first I thought they meant me, but I guess its the
flowers)  and that keeps me encouraged! So a little chem , alittle elbow
grease and the tiller and the job gets done!

Doreen McCabe
zone 5