Re: Zone 6 rebloom?

From: "Lewis,Shirlee E" <Shirlee.E.Lewis@kp.ORG>

> Dennis Kramb
>
> What am I doing wrong??  We've been getting night time temperatures down
> in
> the 50's and 60's consistently for several weeks now.  And I don't have
> any
> rebloom stalks at all.  :(
>
> I think this reblooming thing is just a myth.  :)

I hope that I am not repeating an e-mail that I have not read yet.  Dennis
did you fertilize after the first bloom?  Has the reblooming iris been
getting enough [not too much] water?  Some of the newer ideas that I have
been hearing is that all your rebloomers should be together so that they can
get the special treatment that will encourage them to rebloom.  While I am
not in Zone 6 I know that reblooming iris are not a myth.  My mom has had
NOW AND LATER ('70 Zurbrigg) in bloom almost continually for over two years.
I got her to start feeding and increasing the summer water about then.
Before that the rebloom was so sporadic that you would not have known this
little gem was a rebloomer.