Re: The Joys of Weeding

From: "Mike Sutton" <suttons@lightspeed.net>

Hello Kathy,
Nut sedge comes in two forms:
1 the nut tastes sweet.
2 the nut tastes sour.

When you dig the nut, wash it and taste it (no kidding) if it is sour your
in trouble, nothing but frost or fine sifting of you soil will get it.  If
it is sweet your in luck a product called Saven sp? will get it.  Round Up
will not touch it.   My suggestion to you is get it quick and get it all.
In our area it will infest an entire field in one summer and then be back
the following summer with all it's relatives.  The roots will go down 18"
and create an underground network for you and your gardens demise.  Good
luck, maybe you should get our 1999 intro "Double Oh Seven" to help you out.