From: "Lewis,Shirlee E" <Shirlee.E.Lewis@kp.ORG>

I have a question [probably stupid].  Do the smaller bearded iris need a
really good cold spell to get them to bloom?  I purchased one SDB [I think]
last year and it had lots of increase but no bloom.  It looks healthy.  If
it does need that cold time, can I put it in the frig [like my tulips] to
give it that little extra so that it will bloom?  If that's what it takes I
think that it is going to go in a pot so that I can do that each year
without disturbing the clump.
Shirlee Lewis
Sunset Zone 23
Southern California Iris Society