Re: The Joys of Weeding

From: "william b. cook" <billc@atlantic.net>

> And, anyone who has:
> 1.  Nurtured a weed believing it was a real plant
> 2.  Pulled a real plant, believing it was a weed
     I have done both.  I still have some plants growing, and I have no
idea what they are.  Some of them most likely will get pulled up soon.
     Two interesting things growing and near bloom.  One is about five feet
tall, and makes clusters of purple blooms and is about the best Butterfly
attractor I have ever seen, next to the Gingers.  The other is some type of
wild Liatris.  Those Liatris are welcome to come up anywhere they wish to.
Some of them are approaching six feet tall.
     Then, of course I have to be careful not to accidentally mistake some
Sisyrinchium for grass.
     One other thing is some type of small shrub.  It is about two to three
feet tall, has leaves somewhat like a Thornless Honey Locust, and has
yellow flowers about the size of a US 50 cent piece, or and old-style
British Penny.

Mark A. Cook
Dunnellon, Florida.