"Washed Out" leaf fans?? and Iris Borers

From: Tammy King <tlking@ap.net>

Hi all~

Sorry about the subject, but don't know exactly what category to put this in.

Here it is in a nutshell, if you will...I have some DB that the leaf fans
have turned very pale in the middle mostly. The tops of the fans are the
usual pretty green, and the bottoms are still green. However, the middle of
the fans are almost pure white! More of a cream color, but we'll just say
white...

Anyone know what this is? I haven't noticed any other problems with them,
and want to know if this is a prelude to something horrid, or just a benign
thing happening.

Also, one other question, I'm in California, about 40 miles east of the
coast, in Santa Rosa, and wondering, do we get iris borers here? I've never
seen one, but then again, I haven't been irising for years and years either.
With all the talk of iris borers and the damage they do, I'M SCARED!!

Thanks for any help you can give me!!

Tammy King
http://users.ap.net/~tlking/irispage.html
Zone 9, Northern California, 40 miles East of the Coast