Re: "Washed Out" leaf fans?? and Iris Borers

From: JEM300@aol.com

Hi Tammy,

Regarding the washed out fans,  I am thinking that it *may* be crown rot.  I
only say this because I just lost a TB to this for the first time.  I had
noticed the central leaves getting very creamy colored and when I touched them
I could see there was rot clear down into the rhizome.  Get out there and
eyeball them a little bit.  Push on the rz to see if there is any mush.  This
is merely a guess on my part.  It may be something totally different or it may
be nothing at all.  Good luck.

Regarding borers, rest easy.  I don't believe they are found in your area but
someone
will be sure to correct me if I'm wrong here.  I had once heard (don't know if
this is true) that they are not found west of the Rockies.  Thank goodness.
They are disgusting and very damaging to iris.  I have had (knock on wood)
very limited problems with them thus far.

Linda Doffek
West Bend, WI