Re: Feedback

From: "william b. cook" <billc@atlantic.net>

>              Yes, it is very, very dry in Lexington this August.
>              Feedback has 8 buds, two are open now with two more showing
> color. Unfortunately, there is only one stalk now. I'm hoping another
stalk
> will pop up later on in the Fall.
>              I am also hoping some of the other rebloomers you gave me
will
> produce Fall bloom.

Annette,
     The drought could suppress rebloom.  What I would suggest doing is
giving them waterings equal to about 1.5" per week until you get some rain
or the weather cools.  When daily highs are consistently in the 70's F, you
can reduce the watering to 1" per week.  If it rains, take the amount into
consideration.  If you do not have a rain gauge, one way to tell if the
rain was an amount that would let you delay watering is for you to look
under one of those large Water Maple or Pin Oak Trees.  If the sidewalk or
street is still dry under there after a rain, the rainfall was too small to
do any good.  It things are good and wet under the tree, you can delay
watering a couple of days.

Mark A. Cook
billc@atlantic.net
Dunnellon, Florida.