Ot: Fire in Paradise

From: "Steven & Sharlyn Rocha" <srocha@pacbell.net>

Hi Everyone,
    Last night we were alarmed at 2:30 AM by the Sheriff who told us
we had two hours till we had to evacuate. The Humane society came and
picked up our horses. We packed important papers, pictures,my arilbred
rhizomes that I haven't planted yet, clothes and of course my iris
trophies.
 I thought of going out to the garden and digging favorite rhizomes
but
decided there wasn't time or space and that they would probably
survive
since there isn't a weed or stick anywhere near them.
    I put my gardening angel rock out by the rows of rhizomes and
thought a
special prayer for them.
    Today after five thousand acres burned out my front door, we are
all safe
 and unburned and happily enjoying iris heaven again.  Two of our
horses
ended up on the local news being rescued by the SPCA .

Thankful in Ramona,
                                                                Steve
& Sharlyn
PS. This makes the third year in a row that we almost lost everything
to wildfires.

Steven & Sharlyn Rocha
President, San Diego/Imperial Co. Iris Society
Region 15, Zone 9,  srocha@pacbell.net
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/7679
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Museum/6007