OT: Chinese Lanterns & Experimentation

From: Irisborer@aol.com

In a message dated 9/1/1998 6:45:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dkramb@tso.cin.ix.net writes:

 Chinese Lanterns are a weed?!?  You're joking?!  This is the 2nd year in a
 row I've tried, and failed, to grow them as garden specimens!!  That is too
 funny. >>

Dennis..... if you can't grow a Chinese Lantern, you should probably take up
golf  (:

And take my advice... stop trying!  The Lanterns are best dried and in an
arrangement.... they are a tattered mess in the garden and the spred by
underground stolons which are quite adventursome.  Just because you planted
your Lanterns over here, does not mean they won't be over THERE, and over
THERE and over THERE!

In other news...... I wonder how many people are going to try a different kind
of iris this year, thanks to encouragement from this list??

E. Aurora, NY