Re: OT: Chinese Lanterns & Experimentation

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

Kathy Guest wrote:
>Dennis..... if you can't grow a Chinese Lantern, you should probably
take up golf  (:  And take my advice... stop trying!

Are we talking about Abutilans (spelling?) here, or is there another
plant that goes by the name of 'chinese lantern'. Mine died too, but
please don't make me take up golf, I'd rather just stay home and weed.
Is there anyone out there who is such a lousy gardener that they can't
grow weeds? If so, tell us your secret.

Jan Clark, in Australia

Appended bloom report:
Lots of buds on dwarf iris 'Talk', 'Swish', 'Gosh', 'Little Louie',
'Celcius', and others who shall remain nameless until I consult my
garden map, when I find it.
Fat buds pushing up on TB's 'Catalyst', 'Yes', 'Chocolate Vanilla'