Re: OT: Chinese Lanterns

From: Barb Johnson <lgjohnsn@ipa.net>

Paul & Yvonne Tyerman wrote:

> There are two things called Chinese Lantern.  One is the Abutilon (the
> rather pretty relative of the hibiscus) and the other is a potential
> noxious weed.  I cannot remember what the name of the noxious one is.

Something we are having to fight every year that looks like little
lanterns is Ground Cherries. They have a 3 foot taproot, and we are
finally using Roundup on them this year. Bah!
--
Barb Johnson			mailto:lgjohnsn@ipa.net
Near Springfield, SW Missouri	AIS, ISO, HIPS, RIS, MIS

http://www.eyiteam.com/Calorad/?A9088C0073
IMAC Code:  A9088C0073