Re: CULT - weeding problem

From: Bill Shear <BILLS@hsc.edu>

>As you, I am ambivalent, but lean strongly toward "Less is best". Bill
>Shear, I admire your stand a lot, but as one "Talker" pointed out, we
>need viable alternatives! I for one would gladly embrace a completely
>non-poisonous approach if I could. What do you think -- fodder for a
>future book? THAT is one book that would occupy a special place on my

At one point I was advised that Taunton had such a book either just
published or in the process of being published.  Check their website at

Also I want to say again that I am NOT an organic purist and do use a
pesticide from time to time, but in a minimal way.  My one unequivocal
stand is against herbicides in the home garden, which I think uneccesary
and dangerous.

Bill Shear
Department of Biology
Hampden-Sydney College
Hampden-Sydney VA 23943
FAX (804)223-6374

How much deeper would the oceans be without sponges?
			-IAQ (Infrequently Asked Questions)