Re: Vcold weather types

From: "Juri Pirogov" <jukp@aha.ru>

Hello, dear listers!
I'm back in list and I want to add some words:
Arnold,
Here, in Moscow, Russia, where winter is very like one in northern Maine,
several gardeners grow Dutch irises for years with sucsess in open ground.
It's not very simple but possible. Main problem for them: they start very
quickly after fall planting.

Pat,
some spuria variety are suitable for your climate. For example, GOLDEN LADY
blooms every year here. Between arils you can try Iris hoogiana, very
hardy.

Juri Pirogov
Moscow, Russia
jukp@aha.ru