Re: OT: ANTS

From: celia storey <storey@aristotle.net>

>     From:  Leslie Liddiard   <liddiard@esn.net>   Hi All,   I am suddenly
>having a terrible time with those  tiny little red ants (no, not fire
>ants) in my beds, old and new alike.   Can't seem to get rid of them and
>diazanon has hardly phased them.  They  stop where ever they are and just
>move a little farther away.     Any suggestions???  Thanks.

Leslie, what are the ants doing that concerns you? Apart from their
annoying decorating habits re: aphids, I haven't ever noticed them doing
anything evil in my garden.

celia
mailto:storey@aristotle.net
Little Rock, Arkansas, USDA Zone 7b
257 feet above sea level,
average rainfall about 50 inches (more than 60" in '97)
average relative humidity (at 6 a.m.) 84%.
moderate winters, hot summers ... but lots of seesaw action in all seasons