Re: LA, SIB, JI switching problem

From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>

Hello folks,

It is hot and dry here and today I received an order consisting of 6 LAs.
I know where I want them planted.  Currently that bed has and LA, assorted
SIB clumps, two JI clumps and the pseudacorus clumps.  I also know
 where I am wanting to move the current occupants.  How am I going to
make this switch with temps still exceeding 100 deg here everyday?  Can
I pot these new arrivals and hold them for better weather.  Can I store the
LAs, JIs, SIBs in buckets of water for any length of time?  I know this is
working with the pseudacorus the armadillos dug earlier.  They have grown
a mass of roots in the bucket and I just change the water regularly.  Will
this work on the others or are they going to drown, rot or whatever if left
the bucket too long.  I want to refurbish the whole bed with new organic
material and share the current LA with several other people, so it will
to be held as well at some point.  PLEASE SEND ADVICE, DIRECTIONS
ETC.  Sorry - just a bit of panic there.

Donald Eaves
Texas HOT, DRY Zone 7