Re: LA, SIB, JI switching problem

From: Irisborer@aol.com

In a message dated 9/2/1998 8:22:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
donald@eastland.net writes:

<<  How am I going to
 make this switch with temps still exceeding 100 deg here everyday?  Can
 I pot these new arrivals and hold them for better weather.  Can I store the
 LAs, JIs, SIBs in buckets of water for any length of time?  >>

Donald... not to worry.  This is what I do with ALL water-loving irises that
land at Stately Guest Estates..... pot them up, using plenty of organic
potting soil and peat moss, - make sure there's plenty of pot... no crowding -
then set the pot in either a kid's wading pool, 1/2 full.... or (my own
compromise), solid plant flats.  Water every day... . and keep them sitting in
water and everything should be 'jake' till the weather suits you.

In my case... next spring  (:

Kathy Guest
E. Aurora, NY