Re: LA, SIB, JI switching problem

From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>

Kathy,

Thank you!  re the following:

> <<  How am I going to
>  make this switch with temps still exceeding 100 deg here everyday?  Can
>  I pot these new arrivals and hold them for better weather.  Can I store
the
>  LAs, JIs, SIBs in buckets of water for any length of time?  >>
>
> Donald... not to worry.  This is what I do with ALL water-loving irises
that
> land at Stately Guest Estates..... pot them up, using plenty of organic
> potting soil and peat moss, - make sure there's plenty of pot... no
crowding -
> then set the pot in either a kid's wading pool, 1/2 full.... or (my own
> compromise), solid plant flats.  Water every day... . and keep them
sitting in
> water and everything should be 'jake' till the weather suits you.

Perhaps the cow trough I'm not using instead of a wading pool.  Also, how
about
if I proceed to lift the current occupants now and give them the same
treatment?
That would give me time to work in some new material in the beds and then
plant them when it cools off, and hopefully, finally decides to rain here
(if it ever
does that again).

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7 w/32 arilbreds sitting in pots now  (but not in water) so
I can control tthe environment more closely.