Re: LA, SIB, JI switching problem

From: "Walter A. Moores" <wam2@Ra.MsState.Edu>

On Wed, 2 Sep 1998, Donald Eaves wrote:
>  I want to refurbish the whole bed with new organic
> material and share the current LA with several other people, so it will
> need
> to be held as well at some point.  PLEASE SEND ADVICE, DIRECTIONS
> ETC.  Sorry - just a bit of panic there.
> Donald Eaves
> donald@eastland.net
> Texas HOT, DRY Zone 7
	Donald, I can write in behalf of the Louisianas you just received
and those you want to move.  Place the rhizomes in a tub of shallow water
( 3 or 4 inches) and change the water every two or three days.  You will
be amazed at the increase on the rhizomes.  I have kept LA's this way for
two to three months.  Otherwise, do as Kathy Guests advises.  Pot them.
Strangely, the best bloom I have ever had on Louisianas occurred after
transplanting over the Thanksgiving holidays!  But, that is about the
latest date to move if you expect good bloom in the spring.  I once
divided some LA's in December and experienced smaller blooms on shorter
stalks.  Of course, the best time to divide is late September/early
October or right after the first cool spell.

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8