dutch bulbs

From: Steve Johndro <johndros@ainop.com>

Marte...I planted my dutch iris bulbs last fall and I had a great
showing from them this summer.  I was also surprised they came back as
they were not zoned for my area.  I thought I would give them a try just
to see what they did.  I grow a lot of things that aren't for my zone
just to see if they  will grow.  I like to beat the "zone" guides.  I
planted a heather this summer...not for my zone but someone else here
has one that blossoms beautiful so I'm also giving it a try.  Thanks for
the advice on the other irises...I'll have to try some of them.  I think
the dutch did so well because of the amount of snow we
recieve..insulated them real well.  Happy gardening..Pat