Re: OT: Butterfly Attractors

From: Glenn Simmons <glsimmon@swbell.net>

william b. cook wrote:

>      The plant you have sounds like the native Butterfly Weed, properly
> known as Asclepias tuberosa.  This species is also native here, and is one
> of the plants that would have died had I used an herbicide, which,
> thankfully I did not.
>
> Mark A. Cook
> billc@atlantic.net
> Dunnellon, Florida.

Yea Mark, you are right.  Asclepias tuberosa is the plant I was talking about,
any way so Linda tells me.  Linda cultivates this plant.  We have the Butterfly
Weed scattered around throughout our flower beds.  When it is in bloom we
always have people stopping by to ask what it is.  :)  It does not transplant
well.

Glenn

--
Glenn & Linda Simmons