Re: Cotton farmers and iris gardeners

From: Denise Stewart <stewartd@proaxis.com>

Mike here in OR we have all the same regulations and it does seem strange
as I can wear nothing (no pun intended just the truth) while workers must
look like space people...also I live in farm country so I'm surrounded on 3
sides by huge fields that are allowed to still burn the fields until the
year 2000, but after watching the field next to me, he is the most into the
most up to date and all, he has been using a pre emgerment for 3 years now,
and I started using it right after HAND weeding and am getting way less
weeds, it is not PREEM, too expensive, this is another chemical does 100%
better and goes alot further...but from here on out the pre emgerent will
be used in the display garden, not in the veggie, alto this product is
listed to KILL purslane, which until the floods of 95-96 we had very little
of and now tons of it....OK I'll get off my soap box.  Thanks Denise