Re: SPU:DESCRIPTIONS PLEASE

From: celia storey <storey@aristotle.net>

See requested spuria descrips below.

First I want everyone to know that Steve and Sharlyn, who had to evacuate
their property this week to avoid wild fires, nevertheless got out their
club's September newsletter, which I received today here in Arkansas. The
letter gets better-looking every time, and it's a pleasure to read their
good news.

I noted with interest that Richard Richards will speak at the Inland Iris
Society meeting Oct. 17 in Orlando, CA. Everyone nearby ought to attend. I
sure would if I were nearby. Richard sent his rebloom report to the last
Reblooming Iris Recorder, and it was impressive! According to the
newsletter, Richard says SoCal folks can have irises in bloom every day of
the year if they apply themselves.

Here are the spurias. One is Eleanor McCown's. What a woman.

WHITE SHIMMER (BC Jenkins r. 90) 35-49", E.  Lacy white, yellow signal. Ila
Crawfod X Dawn Candle. Shepherd Iris 1991.

BRASS BEAUTY (E. McCown, r 91) 45", M. S greenish gold, F brassy gold
overlaid with brown veins, ruffled hairline green gold edge, green gold
signal. Adobe Sunset X Crow Wing. Cordon Bleu 1991.

celia
storey@aristotle.net
Little Rock, Arkansas ... where we're very unhappy with Hurricane Earl for
turning east so quickly. Not to wish misery on Houstonians, but it hasn't
rained here in going on a month. We're more than two quarts low, and I'm
getting really tired running through my garden trying to catch all the
fainters before they hit the ground! Before Earl went off to pound Florida,
the forecasters thought he'd send us some rainy impulses, but now he's gone
and the forecast's dry as far as the eye can see. :-(