Re: OT: Chemicals, Particulates and Lung Health

From: celia storey <storey@aristotle.net>

Henry writes:
>Extreme precautions must be taken when working with any fine particulate
>matter, including diatomaceous earth, which is the pulverized hard matter of
>minute sea creatures.

Another reminder to us all to read and heed those labels!

The other day, I noticed lung-health warnings in a place I would not have
expected them -- on a sack of coarse builder's sand. Apparently it also
contains silica particles that can ruin lungs. So keep that in mind for
goodness sake and don't allow yourself to inhale the dust that rises when
you tip over a sack of sand.

celia
mailto:storey@aristotle.net
Little Rock, Arkansas, USDA Zone 7b
257 feet above sea level,
average rainfall about 50 inches (more than 60" in '97)
average relative humidity (at 6 a.m.) 84%.
moderate winters, hot summers ... but lots of seesaw action in all seasons