MTB: first loss

From: dkramb@tso.cin.ix.net (Dennis Kramb)

Well, I suppose 1 out of 60 is a pretty good percentage, but I'm still
disappointed.  Today I realized that SPANISH COINS, a reblooming MTB that I
added to my garden about 3 weeks ago, was dead.  :(  The leaves had turned
black but were not shriveled, and the rhizome was mushy with a gray fuzz on
the bottom at the roots.  Everything around it is healthy and happy and
putting on new growth.

My other 60 (approx) new additions this year are doing quite well.  A few
arils and arilbreds are still dormant, but I think they're still healthy.

Has anyone else suffered any setbacks yet?

Dennis Kramb; dkramb@tso.cin.ix.net
Member of AIS, ASI, HIPS, RIS, SIGNA, & Miami Valley Iris Society
Primary Interests: Arilbreds, Rebloomers, and Native Ohio Species Irises