OT: Butterfly Attractors and Hurricane.

From: "william b. cook" <billc@atlantic.net>

> I saw on a gardening show that they have a "red" version of it (I thought
> it was more purple than red, but oh well).  Is this for real?  I thought
> that asclepias tuberosa only came in orange.  I thought perhaps this was
> another form of asclepias that the garden show mis-represented as
tuberosa.
> Any ideas?

Dennis,
     There are some red and yellow selections of Asclepias tuberosa, but I
am not sure how they perform.  The orange species form suits me fine.
     Last night and this morning, we got some more of the rain bands from
that Hurricane.  The total rainfall here, on the southern side of the
Hurricane was 3.5" and the maximum winds here were gusts to 55 MPH.  Some
of those El Nino enhanced Gales last winter were worse.

Mark A. Cook
billc@atlantic.net
Dunnellon, Florida.